Google

Creating change by raising awareness of causes that ensure a better future.

February 6, 2011

My grandson, AJ having a fun day!

Today I went with my daughter, Ashley and my grandson, AJ to the lake to feed the ducks. We had so much fun. AJ had a half a loaf of bread and about a half a million ducks and geese that wanted it. The geese where taller than him and so loud we could hardly hear AJ laughing. At one point all three of us where standing on top of the picnic table surrounded by the geese trying to get the bread that AJ insisted on throwing out one little piece at a time. It was a good thing we only had the half loaf or we would have been up on that table until dark. I think Ashley was more afraid of the geese than any of us, she was so cute. We must have spent more than two hours just feeding and watching the ducks and geese. Every time they would honk or take off flying and land on the lake AJ would laugh so hard you couldn't help but laugh along with him.

When he would carefully choose a duck or goose to feed he would take a tiny piece of bread and pull his arm up and back and aim perfectly to throw it out to that special bird and when it would hit the ground and the whole flock went after it he would just crack up laughing. If he was able to get it to the duck or goose he was targeting and it caught the bread he would yell out "I did it, I did it" He is so smart and so fun to be with, every day is a new adventure for him and for us to see him enjoy the simple things in life and have such a great time. If only we could all see the world through a two year old's eyes, it would be a perfect place. I thank god I had today with them and every day I get with my babies is a priceless gift. They are my world and they bring nothing but joy and happiness to my life every single second. In March AJ is going to be a big brother as Ashley is having a little girl so the precious, priceless blessings keep on coming and I wouldn't change it for anything. I love you Ashley, AJ, Alan & our Abbygail.

No comments:

My Local Weather

Web Analytics