Google

Creating change by raising awareness of causes that ensure a better future.

March 31, 2011

I got to spend the day with my babies!

I got to spend the day with my babies, finally, after the rain has stopped and the weather was nice enough for us to get out and do something fun. My daughter Ashley, came over to my house and brought my new 3 week old granddaughter Abbygail and my 2 1/2 year old grandson AJ. It was a great day, AJ played and ran all his energy out while I got to hold and feed my sweet new baby girl. Then all of us went for a walk on the ranch to a pond that has a small stream flowing into it and AJ thought it was the coolest thing that Grandma has all this at her house. We came up with the idea of having an Easter egg hunt and picnic at my house for Easter this year. AJ wants a fishing pole for Easter so he can fish in the pond (there are no fish in it) but he doesn't know that. We have wild rabbits running all over the area here as well as plenty of geese flying over making lots of noise. There is a horse next door and AJ has to say hi to him everytime he comes over. At the end of the road on the corner there is about five sheep that really need a hair cut, the poor things they have so much wool on them I don't know how they walk, and AJ just could not believe his eyes when he saw them. When it's time for them to go home he always says "I had fun Grandma" and it is the best thing I could hear from him other than when he tells me he loves me. He is such a sweetie pie. So I'm hoping he looks forward to coming to Grandma's house to see all the great wild life and do all the fun things but most of all to see Grandma. Oh and one more thing, we went to the grocery store and he was in the back of the shopping cart with his little sister in her travel seat snapped onto the front of the cart when an older, very nice woman came up to see the baby and asked how old she was and how much she weighed when she was born, you know the usual, and OMG, AJ went crazy, he stood up in the cart and started yelling NO, NO, both Ashley and myself had to tell him it was ok and that the nice lady was just saying hi to his little sister and telling us how pretty she was, finally he calmed down but didn't sit down until the lady left. We were shocked and amazed at how protective he was over his baby sister, it was great but very surprising, I had never seen him act that way before. So I guess this little girl is very lucky to have such a great big brother to take care of her. Over all it was a wonderful day and I can't wait for more and especially for Easter!

No comments:

My Local Weather

Web Analytics