Google

Creating change by raising awareness of causes that ensure a better future.

March 11, 2012

Today Is My Grand Daughter's First Birthday!

A year ago today my granddaughter was born at 9:53pm!


I can not believe it has been a year since my grand daughter Abbygail was born. I remember that night very well, my daughter Ashley had to go to a hospital about two hours away when she went into labor. I had the flu and was very sick with a bad cough and fever. I wanted to be there so bad but there was no way I was going to get past the doctors being as sick as I was. Ashley and Alan were so good about keeping me updated with her progress by text messages, emails and of course a phone call any chance they got. I couldn't even keep my grandson AJ while they were at the hospital because I didn't want him to get sick and then pass it on to the new baby or his Mommy & Daddy, so it was a very long lonely night. I remember updating my status on Facebook constantly and posting updates to my blog just to keep busy so I would go crazy waiting for the next update.

After a couple of hours of updates and feeling terribly sick and anxious all at the same time I realized I had not heard from Ashley or Alan in over an hour, I tried to call them and no answer. So panic sets in and my anxiety level goes up as well as my fever, I start to cough and then can't stop, I feel horrible and can not find out what is going on at the hospital. Finally after another horrible hour of waiting I get a text message that tells me "She's here" as my daughter said it in the text message. I was so happy and so relieved to know all was good, even as I write this tonight I can still feel those emotions and have tears in my eyes. Here we are today a year later my darling little granddaughter Abbygail Lyla is a year old, wow it is so amazing and Ashley & Alan are wonderful parents to Abby and my grandson AJ who will be four in July. I could not ask for anything more and I would not change a thing. I am so blessed to have them in my life, they are my world and I love them all so much!

Congratulations! It's your Abby's first birthday!


Can you believe that an entire year has passed since the birth of your child? And what an incredible journey it has been! As your child reaches his first birthday, you may reflect on the year that has passed or even back to when you were trying to conceive, or first found out you were pregnant. You may remember the first fluttering in your tummy, those first little kicks that soon turned into power kicks, and then your first labor pains. You may think back to the car ride home from the hospital and those first few nights at home, and all those diapers!

Your child's first birthday marks their graduation from infancy to toddlerhood. Over the past year, your baby has reached so many impressive milestones with your love and care. You, your partner, your baby's siblings and other caregivers should all be so proud! The upcoming year will be just as exciting. Among the developments to come, your child will begin to interact more with other children their age and their vocabulary will begin to increase at an amazing rate, reaching up to about 50 spoken words in the next 12 months!

Babies born on Friday, March 11, 2011

Were likely conceived 6/18/2010
And are 366 days old!

Fun Birthday Facts:

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Birthstone: Aquamarine
Birth Flower: Daffodil or Jonquil
Chinese Zodiac: The White Metal Rabbit

Half birthday: September 9

Babies born on 3/11/2011 will start kindergarten in 2016,
be old enough to drive a car in 2027, finish high school in 2029,
and will graduate from college with the class of 2033, give or take a year.
Can you imagine?

My Local Weather

Web Analytics