Google

Creating change by raising awareness of causes that ensure a better future.

June 1, 2012

Life Spot's New Look

My blog is almost two years old and I think it is time for a "blog makeover". I have been doing a lot of research on colors and themes that are appealing to the blog audience. During my what seemed like a never ending search for just the right blog template I discovered that going back to a blogger default template was the best choice at this time.


Since I started this blog I have used custom CSS or XML templates to give it a nice look and welcoming interface. When I decided to completely redo my blog this time I could not find a template that I was happy with or fit my blogs story line.

So being the graphics artist that I am and have been for over 15 years, just like I would do in the past, if I couldn't find the perfect graphic I would create one. I have found that if you have an idea and look in your mind of what you want your blog to be, the best way to accomplish that is to go with your talent and create exactly what your imagination is telling you is the perfect look, and that is what I did.

I created the header, post dividers, footer and many more graphics and elements featured in the template that is now my new blog with a very nice and welcoming front page that keeps your attention without too many animations and colors that could discourage readers from a nice long visit.

I started with a color theme of earth tones and a graphics theme that resembles a vintage scrapbook design. More and more scrapbooking sites are popping up due to the demand for that style of elements to accent a blog or website. I found several very nice websites that offered wonderful and free accessories to help dress up any blog.

It is still a work in progress or I guess you could say under construction because I have not added the post dividers or footer yet, but will be very soon. So far I am happy with my new look and can't wait for the final product and complete template to be done and uploaded, it is going to be beautiful.

I hope you enjoy Life Spot and it's contents, topics, stories, inspirations, causes and all of what Life has to offer. My goal is to have a little spot for anyone to come visit and stay a while, relax and find your little spot in life that is full of all the important little things the news channels and "big" websites leave out.

It is the little things in life that mean the most and you will find some wonderful and special little spots right here at Life Spot, enjoy and please share with your friends and family.

                                                                                                                       

My Local Weather

Web Analytics