Google

Creating change by raising awareness of causes that ensure a better future.

April 20, 2011

Text Abbreviations, for Parents with Teenagers

Have you ever received a text message from one of your kids that made absolutely no sense at all? Have you ever watched your kids type a text message at the speed of 1000 words per second? Even better, your daughter or son sends you a text asking permission for something and before you can even type the words yes or no they have already sent you three more text asking "well can I"? It's a whole new language and I found this list of text abbreviations and thought I would pass it on to all of the parents in the world.


AFK
Away From Keyboard
BBL
Be Back Later
AFAIK
As Far As I Know
BRB
Be Right Back
ASL
Age, Sex & Location
BRT
Be Right There




CFN
Ciao For Now
DIKU
Do I Know You
CID
Consider It Done
DK
Don't Know
CM
Call Me
DWL
Dying With Laughter
CU
See You
 
 
 
 
 
 
EG
Evil Grin
FFS
For F**ks Sake
EL
Evil Laugh
FWIW
For What It’s Worth
EM?
Excuse Me?
FYEO
For Your Eyes Only
EOD
End Of Discussion
FYI
For Your Information
 
 
 
 
G2G/GTG
Got To Go
HAGD
Have A Great Day
GAL
Get A Life
HAGN
Have A Good Night
GBH
Great Big Hug
HAGO
Have A Good One
GBTW
Get Back To Work
HAK
Hugs And Kisses
GF
Girl Friend
HAND
Have A Nice Day
GFC
Going For Coffee
HB
Hurry Back
GFETE
Grinning From Ear To Ear
 
 
GL
Good Luck
 
 
 
 
 
 
IAC
In Any Case
JAS
Just A Second
IBTD
I Beg To Differ
JK
Joke
IC
I See
JM2C
Just My 2 Cents
ICBW
I Could Be Wrong
JT
Just Teasing
IDC
I Don't Care
 
 
IDK
I Don't Know
KK
OK (Bizarrely!)
IMCO
In My Considered Opinion
KWIM
Know What I Mean
IMHO
In My Humble Opinion
 
 
IMI
I Mean It
 
 
IRL
In Real Life
 
 
 
 
 
 
L8R
Later
M8
Mate
LMAO
Laugh My Ass Off
MIHAP
May I Have Your Attention Please
LOL
Laugh Out Loud
MKOP
My Kind Of Place
 
 
MMS
Multimedia Messaging System
 
 
MSG
Message
 
 
MYOB
Mind Your Own Business
 
 
 
 
N1
Nice One
OIC
Oh, I See
N2M
Not To Mention
OMG
Oh My God
NALOPKT
Not A Lot Of People Know That
OOC
Out Of Character
NAP/NP/NPS
Not A Problem
OTOH
On The Other Hand
NBD
No Big Deal
 
 
NBIF
No Basis In Fact
PAW
Parents Are Watching
NC
No Comment
PCM
Please Call Me
NE1
Anyone
PLS
Please
NM
Never Mind
PM
Personal/Private Message
NRN
No Reply Necessary
PML
Pee Myself Laughing
NSFW
Not Safe For Work
PPL
People
NTK
Nice To Know
 
 
NTYMI
Now That You Mention It
QQ
Crying
NW
No Way
QT
Cutie
 
 
 
 
RBAY
Right Back At Ya
SH
Stuff Happens
RLF
Real Life Friend
SMAIM
Send Me An Instant Message
ROFL
Rolling On The Floor Laughing!
SMEM
Send Me E-Mail
ROFLMAO
Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off!
SRY
Sorry
ROFLOL
Roll On Floor Laughing Out Loud!
STFU
Shut The F**k Up
ROTFL
Rolling On The Floor Laughing!
SYS
See You Soon
 
 
 
 
TAFN
That's All For Now
UR
You Are
TB
Text Back
URW
You Are Welcome
TDTM
Talk Dirty To Me
 
 
TFN
Thanks For Nothing
VBG
Very Big Grin
THX
Thanks
VFM
Value For Money
TIC
Tongue In Cheek
VM
Voice Mail
TM
Trust Me
 
 
TTYL
Talk To You Later
 
 
TXT
Text
 
 
TYVM
Thank You Very Much
 
 
 
 
 
 
W8
Wait
X
Kiss
WFM
Works For Me
XME
Excuse Me
WG
Wicked Grin
XOXO
Hugs And Kisses
WKND
Weekend
 
 
WRK
Work
YKW?
You Know What?
WTB
Want To Buy
YNK
You Never Know
WTF
What The F**k
YPI
Your Point Is
WTG
Way To Go!
YW
You're Welcome
WYP
What's Your Problem?
 
 
WYS
Whatever You Say
ZZZ
Sleeping, Bored, Tired
WYT
Whatever You Think
 
 
WYWH
Wish You Were Here

No comments:

My Local Weather

Web Analytics