Google

Creating change by raising awareness of causes that ensure a better future.

October 22, 2011

Birthday Wishes On Facebook Causes Page...

Facebook's Causes Wish is a new idea in social fundraising. Using the collective power of your friends and family, it's a fun and rewarding way to raise money for the causes you care about.

 
Hello, and thanks for checking out my Birthday Wish!

For my birthday on December 8th, I'm asking my friends and family for a special gift: help me raise $1000 for Code Orange...Helping Vietnam Vets suffering from Parkinsons.

I chose Code Orange...Helping Vietnam Vets suffering from Parkinsons because My father, Sgt. Jimmy McDaniel, Special Forces, Vietnam 1968 was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease about 5 years ago and it has been linked directly to him being exposed to Agent Orange while in Vietnam.

He JOINED the Army just out of high school and trained with the Marines so that he could become an Army Special Forces Platoon Sgt., he then spent 6 in the Army before being deployed to Vietnam as a Forwarding Observer for his unit. He went to do the job he signed up for when he JOINED the army, leaving me at the age 3 months old with my Mother alone for a year. He lost most of his hearing while there but never once has he regretted serving his country. As a matter of fact he volunteered to do another tour in Vietnam but was denied due to his hearing loss.

Well, 50 years later he is suffering more than ever all because he did what he had to do, he didn't ask why, he wanted to serve his country, he received the Bronze Star while there as well. My wish is that more research can be done for Parkinson's Disease and of course a cure can be found to relieve his symptoms and let him feel better, be happier and be healthy again before it is too late. Thank you for reading this and for your thoughts and support..

Please consider giving to my Birthday Wish, and together we can make it so that all of our Vietnam Veterans can enjoy their golden years healthy and happy. 

If you can't give now, I'd really appreciate if you'd share this page with your friends and family. Here is the link to my cause wish page http://wishes.causes.com/wishes/392851#

Thanks so very much,
Angie

I'm asking for $10, or as much as you can afford.
Your donation is 100% secure and tax-deductible

No comments:

My Local Weather

Web Analytics