Google

Creating change by raising awareness of causes that ensure a better future.

January 16, 2012

Vietnam Veteran is in need of a live kidney donor!

Ramon Macias a Vietnam Veteran needs a kidney transplant.

Ramon Macias, US Army, Vietnam '66-'68, 167th Signal Company developed Chronic Kidney disease from exposure to Agent Orange. He is now in need of a kidney transplant and is looking for a live kidney donor. The wait for a kidney that would be a match from a deceased donor is over five years.

If you're interested in being a living donor for Mr. Macias, please contact  his transplant coordinator, JoAnn Johnson at the VA Nashville Transplant Center, in Nashville, Tn. Her direct line is 615-873-8668, please leave a voicemail message and she will return your call. The Nashville VA Transplant Center will pay for all of the travel and medical expenses so there will be no cost to the donor for the gift.

For anyone who may be interested in becoming a living kidney donor, here is a link for information on the requirements to become a living kidney donor: 

A note from Mr. Macias' daughter-Carol Garza:
Thank you for reading this and for considering giving the gift of life to my dad. If you are not able to be a donor, could you please share my father's story with your friends and family. May God Bless you always.

"My dad was the middle of 5 boys born. He was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas. Graduated high school and was drafted afterwards. My grandparents owned a grocery store. I was the first "granddaughter born", So naturally my dad named me after my grandmother (his mom) and my middle name is after my mom's sister. (my aunt)"

For more from Carol and her family please see their Facebook page at:

My Local Weather

Web Analytics