Google

Creating change by raising awareness of causes that ensure a better future.

March 16, 2012

I Support The Beautiful & Bald "Unforgettable Barbie" !

The Beautiful & Bald Barbie is in the news today!

The Facebook Community page Beautiful & Bald Barbie let's see if we can get her made was insulted today by a blogger on a highly visited website. I completely support the making of Bald & Beautiful Barbie and that is why I feel I need to post this tonight.

The author of the insulting post is not taking responsibility for her writings and that in itself is even more insulting. I am going to add the links to the post and blog as well as the Facebook Community page along with some of the comments for you to read for yourself. 

As a blogger I am offended by the author as well, she does not hold up the integrity and ethics of blogging which is a responsibility we bloggers assume when we choose to post about certain, serious topics such as Cancer and Chronic Illness.

I would personally like to apologize on behalf of the bloggers who do take the time to research the facts and post responsibly as well as morally and ethically correct blog postings.


Beautiful & Bald Barbie Facebook Community:
http://www.facebook.com/BeautifulandBaldBarbie

Update on the "10 Craziest Barbies Ever" blog article on Baby Center...the writer changed the title to "10 Barbies You Will Never Forget" and posted this at the end of the article..." I just wanted to say that I in no way meant to offend anybody with this post’s previous title. When I said “crazy,” I meant it as meaning the dolls were unique and out of the ordinary. I have a niece who suffers from alopecia, I would never want to exclude her from having a doll made that looks like her. I’ve removed the “crazy” from the post."

Unfortunately she seems too proud to actually apologize nor does she correct the implication that a Beautiful and Bald Barbie is the only one listed that is only a concept and not an actual marketed and produced Barbie. Unforgettable? I sure hope that is true IF Barbie really makes her. Let's hope she WILL BECOME an "unforgettable Barbie" in reality. ~ Jane


I just wanted to say that I in no way meant to offend anybody with this post’s previous title. When I said “crazy,” I meant it as meaning the dolls were unique and out of the ordinary. I have a niece who suffers from alopecia, I would never want to exclude her from having a doll made that looks like her. I’ve removed the “crazy” from the post.

If you would like more information on how you can support those families battling cancer or disabilities, please see these groups in BabyCenter’s community:

Childhood Cancer Support
Survivor Mommies
Moms With Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Awareness
Children With Disabilities
Children With Cerebral Palsy
Children and Babies With Global Developmental Delay

Thanks for reading. Denise


Denise Cortes says:
March 16, 2012 at 6:15 pm

When I first saw the comments pouring in, my response was wow, chill out guys. I was confused as to why there would be such a backlash about a slideshow about *10 of the craziest Barbie dolls ever* when I never said a bald Barbie was ridiculous or sad or weird or wrong. Or made! I know the backstory. Yes, poor choice or words, I’ll admit. But I truly meant crazy as in out of the ordinary and different. I did not mean to slam the concept at all. I feel bad that people think I am some a-hole who has a problem with cancer survivors and/or handicapped people, which couldn’t be further from the truth. I can understand a person’s passion on the subject, but honestly, I didn’t mean to work everyone up.

Well, I had to voice my opinion as well and leave a comment for the author which I did over an hour ago and they are still waiting for approval to be published on the blogs comments with the previous 184 comments today.

Angie says:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

March 16, 2012 at 10:01 pm

As a blogger I can say if you were going for hits on your post and/or blog, you got them! Unfortunately you got only negative hits and obviously they will not be returning to your blog, so congrats on your spike for today but plan on seeing it drop seriously within days if not hours.

How could you have gotten such an important fact WRONG? If you honestly believed what you were writing about than you need to rethink your hobby. The blogging world is not a game and it is people like you that make a bad name for the rest of us.

Bloggers are powerful tools for causes that need the power of the internet to raise awareness for their cause to help bring in funding and support that is much needed to find the cure for their cause.

What you posted today was not only ignorant on your part but could have caused some serious set backs on the negotiations for the production of the Bald and Beautiful Barbie but also may have confused some readers who do not have access to all the information.

I am sorry if I am being rude to you but you have a responsibility to your readers and other bloggers to blog facts and truth especially if you are discussing such serious topics as this.

I would suggest you write a new posting and fix what you have done, I am not going to tell you exactly what that will involve because I think you need to figure that out so at least you can learn something from this and prevent such stupid postings in the future!

Angie says:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

March 16, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Well I guess I spoke too soon, I actually did not expect you to comment on your own blog post so I did not read every single one. As I was looking over them again I came across your comment as quoted below.

All I can say is I am shocked that you would post what you blogged today, but your comment is completely out of line. You act as if you are the victim here. You are not capable of feeling what the people who commented are feeling.

You need to seriously think before you blog, your vocabulary needs some fine tuning as well as your manors. You should be begging for forgiveness but instead you are insulting even more.

Consider stepping down as a blogger, you represent a huge organization and if you are a responsible person you will do them the favor of leaving.

I do hope that this does not interfere with the talks between Mattel and the Facebook Community and the barbie is produced very soon. I posted this tonight to sum up today's events and maybe it will help in some way even if it just clears up some of the confusion. Thank you for supporting the cause!

My Local Weather

Web Analytics